If you want to fit your wires and posts at the same time, so don’t know your exact measurements, our DIY cut and fit wire balustrade kits are ideal.
We supply a wire with a factory-fitted ball fitting on one end which you can cut to the exact length you need, before finishing with a DIY ball end fitting and then installing.
Free UK shipping on all orders
Based on our best-selling stainless steel wire balustrade kits, our DIY version allows you to adjust the length of your wires to a perfect fit – ideal if you haven’t fitted the posts yet, or just want to avoid the pressure of measuring correctly first time!
When your DIY wire balustrade kit arrives, it is really easy to install; all you need is wire cutters (add one to your basket here), a drill, a screwdriver, a spanner – and a tape measure!
Each kit contains enough to install a single wire:
- 1 x 4mm stainless steel wire cable (ordered in fixed lengths, see the drop-down menu, up to a maximum single length of 10m) with a factory-fitted ball fitting on one end
- 2 x socket fittings and screws
- 1 x DIY ball fitting
Typical uses of wire balustrades
- Deck cables
- Balcony safety wires
- Staircase cable rail / balustrade wire infill
Benefits of using stainless steel wire balustrades
- Easy to install, our wire balustrade kits can be fitted in minutes using just a drill, screwdriver and spanner – our self-fit kits also need wire cutters
- Extremely versatile
- Minimal visual impact
- Stainless steel wire infill provides an economic and low maintenance option for guarding on terraces and decking
- Provide a transparent and elegant wire banister cable solution with minimal visual impact
Stainless steel wire balustrades vs glass balustrades
- Low maintenance: unlike glass balustrade, the marine grade 316 stainless steel wires do not need to be cleaned regularly
- Limited glare compared to many glass deck balustrade systems, with minimal reflection from evening sunlight which would otherwise obscure your view
It must not be possible to pass a 4″ sphere through the gap between balustrade wires. We would recommend a minimum spacing of 95mm between wires. There are also requirements to prevent small children from climbing cable rails in certain circumstances. We are unable to advise on any regulatory aspects and recommend you check with your local building control officer if you are in any doubt.
How to buy
To buy one of our a self fit wire balustrade kits online, simply pick the length of wire closest to your requirements from the drop-down menu. We will ship the components and wire out to you within 2-3 days, ready for you to cut to size on site before fitting.
We also supply wire balustrade kits made to measure, so you just have to fit the wires – click here if this would suit you better!
If you have any more questions about our wire balustrade kits, please contact the Wire Design team!